John Hurt talks 50th

Actor John Hurt, who older readers may remember starred in The Name of the Doctor, has been talking to The Guardian about his role in the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special and the fans.

Regarding his part in the upcoming special, Hurt stated: "Of course you have to remember that the Doctors are all one person, so I'm not outside of that."

Talking about his fellow onscreen Doctors, the Alien actor added: "I can't talk about it, but I will say I was really impressed when I did it. Both the previous doctors – Matt Smith and David Tennant – boy, are they good at it. Whoa-wee! They are so quick, and there's a huge amount of learning and no time to learn it in. All that fake scientific nonsense. Terribly difficult to learn."

And when asked about the fans, Hurt commented: "I thought they'd all be loonies, but they are absolutely, totally charming as anything. It's great fun. I'm not saying it's the healthiest thing – I don't know whether it is or isn't – but they are very charming."

Read the full interview HERE.

John Hurt talks 50th [SPOILERS]

More details on John Hurt in 50th [SPOILERS]

VISIT THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL GUIDE HERE

Labels: , , , , , , , ,