BBC Worldwide have announced details for the DVD release of The Moonbase - click on the cover art for a bigger version. The DVD, which includes two animated episodes, is hits the streets in the UK on Jan 20. Check out the details on the Patrick Troughton story below. Pre-order on DVD HERE.
The TARDIS lands on the moon in 2070 where the Doctor (Patrick Troughton), Jamie (Frazer Hines), Ben (Michael Craze) and Polly (Anneke Wills) visit a weather control station which has been over-run by a mystery plague epidemic. In reality the plague is a result of an alien poison planted by the Cybermen who appear for the first time in their re-designed form, the first of many throughout the history of the show. Jamie is knocked unconscious while playing on the surface of the moon, leaving the Doctor, Polly and Ben to fight off a massive attack by the Cybermen.
The Moonbase is the sixth story of Season 4 of Doctor Who and is the first story in Doctor Who history with scenes being set on the surface of the moon. This is a one-disc release featuring the four episode story and episodes one and three are animated versions of the episodes missing from the BBC Archive.
• Commentary - for episodes 2 and 4, a traditional commentary with actors Anneke Wills, Frazer Hines and Edward Phillips and Special Sounds creator Brian Hodgson.
• Commentary - for episodes 1 and 3, a series of one-to-one interviews featuring writer Kit Pedler’s daughters Lucy Pedler and Carol Topolski, archive interview with producer Innes Lloyd, AFM Lovett Bickford, and Cyberman actors Barry Noble, Derek Chaffer and Reg Whitehead. Moderated and linked by Toby Hadoke.
• Lunar Landing - cast and crew look back on the making of the story. With actors Anneke Wills, Frazer Hines and Reg Whitehead, production assistant Desmond McCarthy.
• Photo Gallery - production, design and publicity photos from the story.
• Coming Soon - a trailer for a forthcoming DVD release.
• Radio Times Listings
• Programme subtitles