Ben Wheatley to direct Doctor Who

Screen Daily has announced that filmmaker Ben Wheatley is to direct two episodes of Doctor Who Series 8. They are described as the "first two" of the new series, though this could also just refer to the initial episodes being filmed. Speaking to Screen Daily he said:

“I am very excited and honoured to be asked to direct the first two episodes of the new series of Doctor Who. I’ve been a fan since childhood (Tom Baker is my Doctor if you are asking). I’ve been watching the current run of Doctor Who with my son and have discovered it all over again. The work that has been done is amazing. I’m really looking forward to working with Peter Capaldi and finding out where Steven Moffat is planning to take the new Doctor."

Ben Wheatley, best known for films such as Sightseers and Kill List, begins filming on Doctor Who Series 8 starring Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman in December.

Team Vastra to return in 2014

Thanks to Robin Parker

Labels: , , , , , ,