BBC Worldwide has released the cover art (click on the image below for a bigger version) and details of the Special Edition DVD release of Inferno, to be released in the UK on May 27, the US on June 11 and Australasia on June 5. All episodes are newly re-mastered, utilising advances in technology and technique, and are supported by an expanded collection of bonus features, including:
• 7x 25 mins approx colour episodes with mono audio.
• Commentary with Nicholas Courtney and John Levene, producer Barry Letts and script editor Terrance Dicks.
• Programme subtitles and Subtitle Production Notes
• Can You Hear the Earth Scream? - Actors and production team recall working on the story in this specially-shot featurette.
• Hadoke versus HAVOC – Presenter Toby Hadoke reunites surviving members of the HAVOC stunt team and trains with them to perform a stunt himself. Will he survive to become an honorary member of HAVOC? With stunt arranger Derek Ware and stunt men Roy Scammell, Derek Martin and Stuart Fell.
• Doctor Forever – Lost in the Dark Dimension - The penultimate instalment of our new five part series looking at how Doctor Who was kept alive in the years between the end of the classic series and the beginning of the new. In this episode we look at the various attempts to bring the show back during that period. With current and former Doctor Who Magazine editors Tom Spilsbury, John Freeman and Gary Russell, former BBC range editor Steve Cole, actor David Burton, writer Adrian Rigelsford, director Graeme Harper and new series executive producer Russell T Davies. Narrated by Zeb Soanes.
• The UNIT Family - Part One - Featurette looking at the Earthbound Doctor's 'family' during his exile to Earth and his new role as the scientific advisor to the United Nations Intelligence Taskforce.
• Deleted Scene - A short deleted scene which was never seen in the original BBC transmission of the story, featuring a rather too obvious Jon Pertwee as the voice of a radio presenter.
• Pertwee Years Intro - A short introduction to the story's final episode from Jon Pertwee, originally presented as part of BBC Video's The Pertwee Years VHS release.
• Doctor Who Annual - an Adobe PDF version of the 1971 Doctor Who Annual, supplied as a PC-ROM feature for access by PC and Mac users.
• Coming Soon - a trailer for a forthcoming DVD release.
• Radio Times Listings in Adobe PDF format.
• Programme subtitles.
• Photo Gallery.